Education   Community   Health   Recreation   Industry   Government   Economic Development   Contact Us 
City Departments
Elected Officials/Council
Lydia's Letters
Community Calendar
Maple Grove Cemetery

Q.  How do I file a report with the Findlay Police Department?
A.  You may request that a Police Officer respond to your location by calling 419-424-7150 or if it’s an emergency call 911.  Unfortunately the Findlay Police Department does not send officers outside the City of
without meeting special criteria and authorization from the Patrol Supervisor.  Remember if it’s an emergency, call 911.

Q.  If I received a traffic citation, how do I find out how much it is and where can I pay it?
  The Findlay Municipal Court has jurisdiction over citations that are issued by the Findlay Police Department.  You will find all the necessary information for making payment at 
Findlay Municipal Court - Traffic/Criminal Court Costs 

Q.  Is there a noise ordinance in the City of
Findlay ?
  Yes.  The city ordinance states that no noise coming from sound amplification shall be clearly audible more than 50 feet away.  There are exceptions to this ordinance which can be seen at
Findlay City Ordinances 

Q.  Does the City have a curfew for minors, if so what is it?
A.  Yes, the City of Findlay has a curfew for minors.  During the week when the Findlay City Schools are in session the hours for minors under 14 years of age is 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.  For 14-17 years old the curfew is 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.  On weekend nights the curfew is 12:01 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. for minors’ age 14-17 years old.  For minors under 14 years of age the curfew is 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.  When the Findlay City Schools are out of session the weekend hours apply.

Q.  Does the Police Department offer fingerprinting?
As of December 28, 2012, the Findlay Police Department will no longer be performing background check or fingerprinting services.  For any citizens needing those services for employment purposes, you can contact the Hancock County Sheriff's Office, the Findlay campus of Owens Community College, or the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles of Hancock County.  For any citizen or business requiring a solicitor's license for Findlay, contact the Mayor's Office at 419-424-7137 or the Crime Prevention Division at 419-424-7282.  A copy of the Solicitor's License procedure is available from both locations.

Q. I need a copy of a police report, who do I talk to?
  You will need to contact the Records Division of the Findlay Police Department at either 419-424-7174 or Room 116 of the Findlay Municipal Building, 318 Dorney Plaza.  There is no charge for obtaining a copy of the report unless there are more than 25 pages to the report, than there is a 10 cents per page fee.  Reports are only released after an investigation is completed and the case is adjudicated.







City of Findlay, Municipal Building, 318 Dorney Plaza, Findlay OH 45840

Best to view this website using Internet Explorer

Created by Aardvark Inc.