Education   Community   Health   Recreation   Industry   Government   Economic Development   Contact Us 
City Departments
Elected Officials/Council
Lydia's Letters
Community Calendar
Maple Grove Cemetery
Q:  I am a company outside of Findlay and want to solicit sales in Findlay. What do I need to do?
A:  A Solicitor’s License must be obtained. An application is available in the Mayor's Office (419-424-7137) or in the Crime Prevention Division (419-424-7282).  A background check and fingerprinting will be required for each employee of a business that plans to solicit within Findlay's City limits.  Those services can be obtained from the Hancock County Sheriff's Office, the Findlay campus of Owens Community College, or the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles of Hancock County.  Once the Chief of Police and Service-Safety Director approves the results of the background check and fingerprinting a Solicitor’s License can be issued by the Mayor’s Office.  The fees for a Solicitor's Licnese are $10.00 ($5.00 for the license and $5.00 for the required photo I.D.). (Different from a Vendor's License)

Q:  My street light is out or flickering on and off. Who do I call to have it repaired?
A:  For American Electric Power Customers:  If you have internet access, log on to for American Electric Power and report the issue. If you do not have access to the internet, contact the Mayor’s Office with the Pole Number, and location, and the Mayor’s staff can log the complaint with American Electric Power for you.
For Hancock-Wood Electric Cooperative Customers:  Contact Hancock-Wood Electric Cooperative at 419-423-4841 to report the street light issue.

Q:  Where is the Mayor’s Office?
A:  The Mayor’s Office is located on the 3rd Floor of the Municipal Building, 318 Dorney Plaza, Room 310, Findlay, Ohio 45840.

Q:  I want to be married by the Mayor. What do I need to do?
A:  The Mayor performs wedding ceremonies Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm by appointment, as her schedule permits. Contact the Mayor’s Office at 419-424-7137 to make an appointment. A Marriage License must be obtained through Hancock County Probate Court (419-424-7079) prior to the Mayor performing the ceremony.

Q:  I am planning an event. What do I need to do?
An Event Permit must be completed and returned to the Mayor’s Office for approval by the Service-Safety Director. If the event requires assistance from the City, the Event Permit must be returned to the Mayor’s Office at least three months in advance of the event in order to properly prepare.

Q:  When is Trick or Treat?
A:  Trick or Treat is held Thursday of the last full week of October from 6:30pm-8:00pm.

Q:  When is the Halloween Parade?
A:  The Halloween Parade is held Tuesday of the last full week of October at 7:00pm. Contact the Findlay-Hancock County Chamber of Commerce for more information at 419-422-3313.
City of Findlay, Municipal Building, 318 Dorney Plaza, Findlay OH 45840

Best to view this website using Internet Explorer

Created by Aardvark Inc.